Saturday, June 29, 2013

24/356: Vegetable Gratin & Childrens Book Manuscript

I started on a children's picture book manuscript today. This is something I have been meaning to do for a long time. When my brothers and me were just little kids, our grandma used to tell us these awesome stories from her childhood on the farm. We loved hearing those stories. Over and over of course. To this day I have a vivid memory of those stories.

So a few years back I thought that other kids might enjoy them as well. I asked my grandma to write them down so I could turn them into a manuscript and see where it goes from there. Today, after putting it off for many years, I have finally started working on the stories. First I just wrote them down the exact way the grandma gave them to me. After that I started putting the first of six stories into a form in which I think they can be used for a picture book.

The hardest part is to decide which parts are too much or not socially accetable.. and believe me, some parts are waaaay out there. But then again, we enjoyed them when we were kids.. ah I am sure I will rewrite some passages many times.

So if anybody out there knows a german/austrian/swiss literature agent.. do let me know.

On a sidenote, I made a vegetable gratin today.. and it.was.awesome! I am stuffed at this point. I can hardly move. Will make this again for sure!


No comments:

Post a Comment