Thursday, August 1, 2013

57/356: Trans Swiss Trail Stage 12: Lützelflüh - Langnau i.E.

I continued my hiking along the Trans Swiss trail today.

It was supposed to be a short walk from Lützelflüh to Langnau i.E. The guide lists it as walk about 3h in duration. Which I guess is about the time it took me to do it. It felt very exhausting though. I guess it was the weather. The temperatures were around 31 degrees Celsius. Luckily though most of the walk was in the shade of trees and along the river Emme. I think that made it more bearable.

The whole hike started a little later than expected. About half way to Lützelflüh the train got split in two parts and both parts went in different directions. I didn't notice until they announced that we reached the end of the line. Oh well, stuff like that happens and it wasn't like I was in a hurry to get anywhere.

All in all it was very enjoyable and easy walk. I was expecting something easy so I didn't wear hiking boots, just some comfy sneakers. I really do have to get a proper backpack soon. My Back is usually drenched in sweat after minutes.

 Traditional Farmhouse in this region of Switzerland.
 Quite a few bridges used to be built like this in the old days. Don't ask me why.
 All Swiss hiking trails have really good signage. You have to try hard to get lost.
 A more modern version of the bridge across the river Emme.
 The River Emme in all it's glory.
The meeting point of two national hiking trails.

go out there and hike a little my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment